External Affairs FAQs
What we do: The External Affairs team is responsible for connecting outside projects to DME interns. We are in contact with each department within the Digital Media Engagement Team to complete every outside project to the best of our ability!
Some past projects: DME interns have worked for the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, the Veteran Benefits Administration, Center for Women Veterans, the Office of Tribal Governmental Relations, and more! Interns frequently compile resources, events, write documents or even create graphics and flyers. Get in touch by emailing a project request to the email listed below to see how we can help you too!
How to request a project: We welcome government affiliated individuals to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following numbered items. The Digital Media and Engagement External Affairs Team will contact you if your project is approved or if we have further questions.
Use this template in your project request email. For your convenience, you may copy and paste the following questions.
- Name of contact
- Email of contact
- Project Name
- What is your preferred deadline?
- Please state the broad goal of the project.
- Please state the requirements of the project, and what needs to be completed by the interns. Please be specific.
- In your opinion, what kind of interns are best suited for this project? This list is to help you have an idea of what DME interns have to offer. Check dmeinterns.org/departments/ for more information on these specific departments.
- Accessibility Intern
- Analytics Intern
- Editing Intern
- Graphic Design Intern
- Human Resources Intern
- Motion Graphics Intern
- Podcast Intern
- Research/Photofinder Intern
- Social Media Intern
- Special Projects Intern
- Web Development Intern
- Web Security Intern
- Writing Intern
- How many interns do you believe the project will require?
- Do your interns need to have any specific skill (e.g. familiarity with programs, online platforms, etc.)?
- Please attach any attachments you think the interns would need to your email.
- Would you like to add any other information?
Please note that April 15th will be the last day to submit a project.
DISCLAIMER: Requests are responded to on a first come first serve basis. If you do not provide all information, your project completion may be delayed and may not be finished by desired deadlines. Additionally, as we are a part-time remote internship composed of students, projects may take longer than the traditional office environment turnaround.