Why intern with the DME Team?
Are you interested in making a real difference in the world? Did all your other internship options get shut down due to the coronavirus? A Virtual Student Federal Service internship with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Digital Media Engagement Team provides the perfect opportunity to: gain practical work experience, apply current skills, learn new skills, network and collaborate with a team of dedicated interns from across the country and VA employees while supporting and honoring our nation’s Veterans.
Benefits and Opportunities
An internship with the DME Team also provides an array of benefits to interns which include:
- Maintaining a flexible work schedule (10 hours/week online and on your schedule)
- Teamwork, inter-departmental collaboration, and communication experience in a virtual setting
- Gaining a greater understanding of Veterans’ lives and appreciation for the work of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Using interactive tools such as Slack and Trello to gain valuable communication skills while working on various team projects
- Gaining relevant and transferable work experience while working with DME departments to highlight Veterans stories, contributions, and issues across the VA’s digital platforms
Some available DME project opportunities include:
- Contributing as a Web Development Intern to develop and maintain the official internship webpage
- Contributing as a Graphic Design Intern to plan, design, develop, modify, and complete visual information projects for VA web-based visual media products
- Contributing as a Social Media Intern to help share stories about Veterans on multiple VA social media platforms
- Contributing as a Writing Intern to create blog posts for the Vantage Point website
- and many more…
Check out the Application Information page to learn more and apply!
Past Projects and Intern Experiences
Check out some examples of past DME projects:
Read the accomplishments and testimonials of past interns to learn more about the program:
Length of Internship
The internship will run from September 2020 to May 2021
#ApplyinJuly: Applications open starting July 1, 2020 and close July 31,2020
Don’t wait too long to apply to this incredible internship opportunity!